The following course is based on the successful completion of the ITEMO SCRUM Foundation.
The three-day Scrum Professional Seminar is built-on on the official teachings of ITEMO and consists of the modules Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner and the general Scrum Professional.
The course deepens the insights in the skills acquired during the Scrum Foundation course and furthers those with further aspects, such as the scaling of Scrum and the implementation of Scrum within a company. Furthermore participants will learn basics of DevOps (such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery). The course is also designed to cover basic skills in related agile approaches such as Kanban and agile testing.
Main focus of the course are the roles of Scrum Master and Product Owner. Participants will learn what tasks and responsibilities those two encompass, as well as being able to deal with a product backlog and methods of requirements management. Goal is to develop a deep understanding for cost estimation, priorisation of requirements and refining those.
Main contents of the course include:
Day 1 (Focus: General)
- Deepen the knowledge of Scrum
- Agile testing
- Implementation of Scrum within an enterprise
- Scrum scaling
Day 2 (Focus: Scrum Master)
- Responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Coaching, mediation, conflict resolution, feedback techniques
- Retrospectives and continuous improvement
- Evaluation of the agility
Day 3 (Focus: Product Owner)
- Role of the Product Owner
- Scrum and requirements management
- Product Backlog and User Stories
- Improvement of requirements (Backlog grooming, Backlog refinement)
- Work estimation, priorisation
- Sprint review: Check and approval of User Stories
Based on this knowledge, the seminar participants will take the Professional Scrum Product Owner and Professional Scrum Master exams in order to acquire the corresponding SCRUM Certificates by TÜV SÜD.